19/10/2014

TV PICK OF THE MONTH

Back from my unexpected break in blogging.. School work and everything got on top of this - but I have a new type of post,  ''MY TV PICK OF THE MONTH''. I lovvvve watching a good, immersing TV series so much so, I thought it'd be worth writing about my favourite of the month. First up: Our Girl.

Our Girl follows the story of Molly Dawes, who embarks on joining the British Army after having a hard past and deciding her life isn't getting any better. This year, after the ''pilot'' episode in 2013, Dawes (played by Lacey Turner) is shown getting flown to Camp Bastion, Afghanistan as a medic. In the 4 episodes (over the past month) Molly has proved herself to be a worthy member of the all-male sector. The 5th, final, episode of this series airs tonight at 9pm (BBC1).


I highly, highly recommend this series due to the gripping emotion, action and eye-opening perspective into Army life. Catch up on the rest of the series here at  BBC iPlayer (not available anymore - possibly search on Youtube..?).

UPDATE: I cried so much at the final episode so.. good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment